The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
February 28, 2017
President Trump's First 40 Days of Action: Achieving Results for the American People
ACCOMPLISHING GOALS: President Donald J. Trump has taken action to ensure that all Americans are able to live safely, pursue their ambitions, and have faith in their Government.
- President Trump has worked with the private sector to deliver tens of thousands of new jobs for Americans.
- President Trump has negotiated to bring down the price of the F-35, saving millions of dollars.
- President Trump put in place a hiring freeze for Federal civilian employees to stop the growth of a bloated Government.
- President Trump signed an Executive Order establishing new ethics commitments for all Executive branch appointees, putting in place a five-year lobbying ban and a permanent ban on lobbying for foreign governments, so appointees serve the American people instead of their own interests.
- President Trump directed each agency to establish a Regulatory Reform Task force to identify costly and unnecessary regulations in need of repeal or modification.
- President Trump has required that for every new costly Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.
- President Trump directed the Commerce Department to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens on domestic manufacturers.
- President Trump signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to prevent the burdensome “Stream Protection Rule” from causing further harm to the coal industry.
- President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to clear roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating the process to complete construction.
- President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to help ensure that all new pipeline construction and repair work use materials and equipment from the United States.
- President Trump withdrew the United States from the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- President Trump and Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada launched the United States-Canada Council For Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs.
- President Trump directed the Department of Justice to form a Task Force on reducing violent crime.
- President Trump instructed the Attorney General to form a comprehensive approach to dismantling criminal cartels across the United States.
- President Trump set directives to begin construction of a border wall along the United States-Mexico border and outlined other new immigration enforcement measures.
- President Trump has taken action to remove illegal immigrants who are gang members, drug dealers, and criminals that threaten our communities.
- President Trump ordered the Secretary of Defense to work with other cabinet members to develop a plan to defeat ISIS within 30 days.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, the Department of the Treasury sanctioned 25 entities and individuals involved in Iran’s ballistic missile program.
- President Trump kept his promise to the American people by nominating Judge Neil M. Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.