Statement by the Press Secretary on the President's Visit to the L'Aquila Earthquake Zone with Prime Minister Berlusconi of Italy
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 8, 2009
Statement by the Press Secretary on the President’s Visit to the L’Aquila Earthquake Zone with Prime Minister Berlusconi of Italy
- Scholarships for University of L’Aquila students to attend U.S. universities for one year while the heavily damaged university is rebuilt;
- Modular buildings to house students and University classrooms, laboratories, and offices.
- Arranging summer sports camps and recreation activities for the children of displaces residents living in the tent camps in the region;
- Sponsoring educational exchange opportunities, including through the Fulbright program;
- Assisting various libraries/archives in L’Aquila with professional exchanges, and donations of reference materials.