Our Top Stories
What You Missed: Tuesday Talk with Austan Goolsbee
12:15 PM EDT
On the first of two Tuesday Talks this week, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors Austan Goolsbee answered your questions about the economy. We took questions from CNNMoney.com, whitehouse.gov and facebook, and covered a range of topics from the Administration's effort to support small businesses to the things that citizens can do in their everyday lives to support economic growth. You can check out the full video of the chat or use the links below to the questions you're interested in.
- What are you doing to create jobs?
- What are you doing to stop foreign IT workers from taking American jobs?
- Why did the President choose to work on Health Care first?
- When will the debt become a real problem, and what can be done about it?
- Should action be taken when the President’s Fiscal Commission comes out with its report on December 1st?
- What bailout, if any, are you imposing for people who are in foreclosure?
- Is there any reason not to restart the home purchase rebate and the car purchase rebate?
- Have you considered the fact that massive amounts of credit expansion brought on by the Federal Reserve through low interest rates, cause asset bubbles that ultimately have to pop?
- Where do you stand on the legalization of Marijuana?
- What can the White House do to help graduating students acquire jobs?
- Is there any consideration being given to suspending tax penalties for being forced by unemployment to withdraw retirement funds?
- Can the downward spiral of the Dollar be stopped?
- What more can ordinary citizens do other than try to be good consumers to try to boost the economy?