Celebrating National Weatherization Day
Ed. Note: Cross posted from the Energy Blog.
This weekend, communities across the country celebrated National Weatherization Day, highlighting the important work happening nationwide to save money for America’s homeowners by investing in energy efficiency. As a result of the Recovery Act weatherization program, more than 245,000 low-income families have had their homes upgraded, which means these families are paying lower energy bills every month. The program has also helped to put thousands of workers on the job every day, helping to grow America’s clean energy economy while improving our energy independence and reducing pollution. To all those involved in the success of this program, congratulations and we look forward to your continued good work in the months and years ahead.
Watch the video to get a firsthand look at the work happening in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania under the weatherization program.
Steven Chu is the Secretary of Energy.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy