Tweetup Briefing: Ask @PressSec Your Questions at the White House
03:54 PM EST
We’re excited to announce our next White House Tweetup: a Tweetup Briefing! The day after President Obama’s speech to a Joint Session of Congress, some lucky tweeple will have the chance to come to the White House and ask Press Secretary Jay Carney their questions, as well as questions from their followers.
This briefing marks the third White House Tweetup, an in-person meet-up with people who follow the White House on Twitter. White House Tweetups give @WhiteHouse followers the chance to attend events, engage with Administration officials and share their ideas with other @WhiteHouse followers.
What are you waiting for? Learn more and apply here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/tweetup. Note: The deadline to apply is 2:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, September 6th.
The White House uses Twitter to share breaking news, provide updates and engage with the people across the country. Join the 2.4 million @whitehouse followers, and be sure to check out all of our other official accounts:
- First Lady Michelle Obama's Let’s Move! @letsmove and Joining Forces @joiningforces initiatives
- White House Communications Director, Dan Pfeiffer @pfeiffer44
- White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney @PressSec
- White House Director of Digital Strategy Macon Phillips @macon44
- Chief Official White House Photographer and Director of the White House Photography Office Pete Souza @petesouza
- Director of Progressive Media & Online Response, Jesse Lee @jesseclee44