GreenGov 2011: Connecting you with sustainability leaders for a leaner, greener, and more efficient government
Held in Washington, DC, the three day symposium is your chance to partake in over 70 educational sessions beginning at 8:30 AM on Monday, October 31. Register now to join in discussions with:
- The next generation of Clean Energy and Green leaders, including award-winning journalist Simran Sethi, and renowned explorer, social entrepreneur, and environmental advocate Philippe Cousteau Jr., on how they want to see the Federal Government lead by example.
- Drivers in corporate innovation, in a panel conversation on sustainability strategies, hosted by Mother Nature Network and moderator Dr. Heidi Cullen.
- Federal leaders like those from the Department of Defense, and their work with the private sector to develop large-scale renewable energy projects. Come meet Dr. Dorothy Robyn, Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Installations and Environment.
And hear directly from these and other experts how:
- The Federal Government is greening its half-trillion dollar supply chain. Listen to Steve Leeds, GSA's Senior Sustainability Officer, in a conversation with Cindy Drucker, Global Director of Sustainability for SC Johnson.
- The Federal Government has collaborated to make major strides in greener operations and practices. Join me, along with Mother Nature Network; Brian Deese, Deputy Director of the National Economic Council; Jon Powers, Special Advisor on Energy to the Assistant Secretary of the Army; Michael Robertson, General Services Administration Chief of Staff; and Rachael Tronstein, Clean Energy Advisor at the Department of Energy as they discuss how they are collaborating across government toward greener Federal buildings, fleets, and programs.
You will also hear from:
Thomas Armstrong, Director of National Coordination, U.S. Global Change Research Program, White House Office of Science and Technology;
Tom Hicks, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Energy, U.S. Navy;
Kathleen Hogan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency, U.S. Department of Energy;
Jason Miller, Special Assistant to the President for Manufacturing Policy, Executive Office of the President of the United States;
Robert Peck, Commissioner, Public Buildings Sector, U.S. General Services Administration; and
Tim Unruh, Program Manager, Federal Energy Management Program, U.S. Department of Energy.
You won’t want to miss GreenGov 2011. Learn more, see the full agenda, and register at www.greengov2011.org.
Michelle Moore is Federal Environmental Executive at the White House Council on Environmental Quality
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy