Deadline Approaching: Campus “Champions of Change” Challenge
Last month we announced the very first White House Campus "Champions of Change" Challenge. Over the past several weeks we’ve received hundreds of submissions outlining some incredible student projects that are improving communities across the country. With only a few more days left to send in your submissions, I want to remind you that the deadline to submit your campus project for the White House Campus "Champions of Change" Challenge at WhiteHouse.gov/CampusChallenge is this Friday, December 9th at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The White House Office of Public Engagement and mtvU are proud to announce the first ever Campus “Champions of Change” Challenge. The Challenge invites college and university students from across the country to demonstrate how their student-led project is improving their campus community and helping America win the future.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit an online application detailing your student-led program at WhiteHouse.gov/CampusChallenge.
- The White House will select 15 finalists based on input from a panel of judges.
- The public will then have an opportunity to weigh in and vote on the top five projects they think best embody the President’s goal to win the future.
The top five finalists will be named Campus "Champions of Change," and will be invited to the White House for a culminating event. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to work with mtvU, and MTV Act to create short features about their projects that will air on mtvU and be featured on MTV.com. The winning team will also host an episode of mtvU’s signature program, “The Dean’s List”.
Today’s students are not just winning the future, but creating effective change in the present. As the President has said: “All Across America, college and university students are helping our country out-innovate, out-educate, and out-build the rest of the world. I hope this challenge shines a light on their efforts, and inspires Americans of all ages to get involved in their communities.”
For more information and to submit your application visit: whitehouse.gov/campuschallenge. Again, the deadline for applications is Friday, December 9, 2011 so don’t delay!
Thanks and be sure to send in your submission and encourage your fellow students to do the same.
For the latest news on this and other engagement opportunities for young Americans sign-up for email updates.
Ronnie Cho is an Associate Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy