USAID Counter-Trafficking in Persons Policy Launch
February 21, 2012
05:29 PM EST
On Thursday, February 23rd at 10:00 a.m. EST, the White House, in conjunction with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), will host the launch of USAID’s Counter-Trafficking in Persons policy. This new policy will enable USAID to reinvigorate and focus the agency’s efforts to pursue more effective, efficient, and evidence-based approaches in counter-trafficking.
Administration officials participating in the event include:
- Dr. Rajiv Shah, Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Ambassador Donald Steinberg, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Ambassador Luis CdeBaca, Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, U.S. Department of State
- Samantha Power, Senior Director for Multilateral Affairs, White House National Security Council
- Carla Koppell, Senior Coordinator for Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Sarah Mendelson, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Democracy, Conflict & Humanitarian Assistance, U.S. Agency for International Development
Please join us to watch this event live at www.whitehouse.gov/live and to participate in a follow-up question and answer session with Jon Carson, Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement, Sarah Mendelson, Deputy Assistant Administrator at USAID, and Carla Koppell, Senior Coordinator for Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment at USAID.
This question and answer session will take place at 11:30 a.m. EST.
You will have the opportunity to engage with Jon, Sarah, and Carla in a real time discussion from the West Wing, where they will address questions about this new policy.
How to Participate during the Q&A:
- Tweet your questions before and during the session @JonCarson44 and/or @USAID
- Follow along with the Q&A through the hashtag #WHCounterTrafficking
- Counter-Trafficking in Persons Policy Launch: Thursday, February 23rd from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. EST (watch live at www.whitehouse.gov/live)
- Twitter Question and Answer Session: Thursday, February 23rd from 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EST
- Watch the launch live at WhiteHouse.gov/live and submit your questions for the follow-up session via Twitter using the hashtag #WHCounterTrafficking.
Karen Richardson is an Associate Director in the Office of Public Engagement.