White House Office Hours: Joining Forces
Note: This live session of Office Hours has concluded. View the full question and answer session below or at Storify.com
Monday, May 28th is Memorial Day, when we honor and reflect upon the sacrifices of the men and women who have defended our nation. Memorial Day also marks an opportunity to find ways for all of us to support veterans and military families.
To discuss Joining Forces and opportunities to mobilize all sectors of society to give our service members and their families the support they have earned, we’ll be hosting a session of Office Hours on Tuesday, May 29th at 2:00 pm ET with Brad Cooper, a Navy captain and the executive director of Joining Forces. Have questions?
Here’s how White House Office Hours work:
- Ask your questions now and during the live event on Twitter with the hashtag #WHChat
- Follow the Q&A live through the @JoiningForces Twitter account
- If you miss the live session, the full session will be posted on WhiteHouse.gov and Storify.com/WhiteHouse
So, stop by for Office Hours at 2:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 29th with Brad Cooper and be sure to follow @JoiningForces on Twitter for the latest news and more opportunities to engage.
Here are some of the ways you can join forces to support our veterans and military families today:
- Pledge service hours and find opportunities to volunteer through our interactive volunteer portal
- Hire a veteran, as these companies have committed to doing
- Hire a military spouse - companies can join the Military Spouse Employment Partnership here
- Share a message of support here
- Learn about simple ways to recognize the contributions of military families everyday here
Have ideas or questions? Be sure to join us on Tuesday - we hope to see you there!
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy