Community Conversation: New York Style
Monday, White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew visited the Jewish Community Relations Council of New York (JCRC), the latest in a series of community forums. While at JCRC he engaged in a dialogue with a cross section of Jewish community leaders in the New York metropolitan area. The wide ranging conversation covered topics in the areas of domestic and foreign policy.
Chief of Staff Lew spoke of President Obama’s unwavering commitment to the security of Israel. Lewhighlighted this Administration's most recent actions, including the provision of an additional $70 million to ensure that Israel can maximize its production of the Iron Dome system,and the signing of theStates-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012last Friday. The bill conveyed bipartisan Congressional support for Administration initiatives that deepen U.S. defense and security cooperation with Israel.
Other topics of discussion focused on the need for Congress to pass middle-tax cut cuts and find balanced solutions to deficit reduction in order to avoid drastic cuts in defense and domestic spending.
Jarrod Bernstein is the Director of Jewish Outreach in the Office of Public Engagement.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy