West Wing Week: 07/12/13 or “Bring it On Brussels Sprout Wrap!”
12:00 AM EDT
This week, the White House hosted the second Annual Kids' State Dinner, while the President laid out his vision for building a better, smarter, faster government, awarded the 2012 National Medals of Arts and Humanities, met with the Congressional Black and Congressional Hispanic Caucuses, and honored the Washington Kastles and the 1963 Ramblers.
Monday, July 8th
- The President held a meeting with his Cabinet and senior officials to lay out his vision for building a better, smarter, faster government over the course of his second term.
- Then, the President hosted the Champions of the World TeamTennis league, Washington Kastles, in the Oval Office
Tuesday, July 9th
- The President met with the 43 members of the Congressional Black Caucus to address a wide-ranging agenda.
- Then, 54 young chefs visited the White House for the second annual Kids' State Dinner, hosted by the First Lady.
Wednesday, July 10th
- The President and Vice President met with the 27 members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus to discuss the need for the House to take action and pass commonsense immigration reform.
- Then, the President presented the 2012 National Medal of Arts and National Humanities Medal to 24 deserving recipients.
Thursday, July 11th
- The President invited the 1963 Loyola Ramblers championship basketball team to the Oval Office to mark the 50th anniversary of their win as well as the role the team played in breaking down racial barriers.