Our 15 Favorite FLOTUS Moments for the First Lady’s 50th Birthday
January 17, 2014
07:26 PM EDT
Today, First Lady Michelle Obama celebrates her 50th birthday. We’ve pulled together some of our favorite moments from the First Lady’s life. Starting from her days as little Michelle Robinson, all the way up to today, here are some of the best photos, videos, Instagram posts, Facebook posts and tweets of the First Lady of the United States.
1. Future First Lady Michelle Robinson grows up in Chicago, Illinois.
2. Michelle Robinson marries Barack Obama.
3. The Obama family grows from two to four.
4. The First Lady attends the inaugural balls with her date, the 44th President of the United States.
5. Michelle Obama gets America moving and launches Let's Move!
6. The First Pup Bo joins Mrs. Obama to read “Twas the Night Before Christmas”
7. Young chefs come together for the Kids’ State Dinner at the White House
8. The First Lady and Dr. Jill Biden launch Joining Forces to honor American service members and veterans.
9. Michelle Obama shows Jimmy Fallon the real way to 'mom dance'
10. The First Lady teams up with Big Bird to show how you can get moving!
11. She broke new ground by starting the first official First Lady twitter account, @FLOTUS.
— FLOTUS (@FLOTUS) January 17, 2013
12. President Obama demonstrates that no one can pull off bangs quite like the First Lady at the White House Correspondents Dinner.
13. During an official trip to Africa, the First Lady posts her first Instagram.
14. Sunny Obama, the second "First Pup" is welcomed to the White House by his new mom.
15. Michelle Obama turns 50 years old!
— FLOTUS (@FLOTUS) January 17, 2014