West Wing Week 01/17/14 or, "Give Peace a Chance"
12:01 AM EDT
This week, the President sat down for lunch with young organizers who are working to help implement the Affordable Care Act, hosted the President of Spain and the Miami Heat, traveled to the home of the Wolfpack to announce a new, public-private effort to support investment in our manufacturing sector, announced his nominee to run the Small Business Administration, and spoke on expanding college opportunity, alongside the First Lady.
Friday, January 10th
- This week, the President sat down for lunch with young organizers who are working to help implement the Affordable Care Act.
Monday, January 13th
- The President hosted a bilateral meeting in the Oval Office with President Rajoy of Spain.
Tuesday, January 14th
- The President welcomed the 2013 NBA Champions the Miami Heat to the White House.
- Then, President Obama hosted the first Cabinet meeting of 2014.
Wednesday, January 15th
- The President travelled to North Carolina to speak on the National Network for Manufacturing Innovation.
- Later that day, President Obama nominated Maria Contreras-Sweet as SBA administrator.
Thursday, January 16th
- Vice President Biden delivered an address to the North American International Auto Show.
- The President and First Lady spoke on expanding college opportunity.