Join the Discussion: Summit on Opioids on June 19
The abuse of opioids – a group of drugs that includes heroin and prescription painkillers – is devastating public health and safety in communities across the nation. While the Obama Administration has been leading a comprehensive response to the prescription drug problem for more than four years, the recent uptick in heroin use across the country, and the increasing number of overdose deaths, requires a new approach.
Michael Botticelli, Acting Director of National Drug Control Policy, will be joined by Eric Holder, U.S. Attorney General, Peter Shumlin, Governor of Vermont, Nora Volkow, Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, and other public health and government leaders to discuss the scope of the epidemic and strengthen collaborations across government to ensure we’re doing everything we can do prevent substance use disorders, reduce overdose deaths and treat those who are struggling with addiction.
Please join us for this important conversation. Here’s how:
Share your story and ask questions on Twitter using #OpioidSummit, and follow @ONDCP for live updates.
Sign up for email updates for the latest news in drug policy.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy