The new report out of HHS addresses some of the common questions American seniors have about health insurance reform: How will reducing subsidies to Medicare Advantage plans affect me? How will health insurance reform make my care more affordable? Will health insurance reform actually improve my care? Will I have a choice of doctor? Will Medicare be there for me in the future?
For each of these questions, the report details the problems with the status quo and discusses the solutions provided by the President’s health insurance reform plan. Some of the solutions listed in the report include:
- Preserving and strengthening Medicare
- Cutting high prescription drug costs
- Making preventive services free
- Ending overpayments to private insurance companies that cost all Medicare beneficiaries
- Improving quality and patient safety
- Making long term care services more affordable
Read the full report.