Watch on Tuesday, August 31, 2010, as President Obama addresses the nation on Iraq from the Oval Office at 8 p.m. EST.
On August 31, 2010, President Obama will mark the end of America’s combat mission in Iraq. At this key transition point, it is important to show our support to the troops and their families who have made tremendous sacrifices for our country. President Obama kicks off “Saluting Service in Iraq” with his own video message:
- YouTube: Post a video response to the President's message on the White House YouTube channel or tag your video with SaluteTroops.
- Facebook: There are several ways to salute on facebook, you can update your status, change your profile picture or post your message of thanks on the White House Facebook Page.
- Twitter: Use the hashtag #salutetroops in your Twitter message.
- Flickr: Salute the troops on Flickr with a photo and message by using the tag SaluteTroops.
- Other: Submit messages through a form on WhiteHouse.gov.
In the coming days we'll feature salutes from across the country, so be sure to check back soon and visit WhiteHouse.gov/Salute to learn more.