What You Missed: Tuesday Talk with David Axelrod
During Tuesday Talks this week, David Axelrod, Senior Advisor to the President, answered your questions in a live video chat on WhiteHouse.gov and Facebook. He covered a range of topics, from the President's commitment to end "Don’t Ask Don’t Tell" to working across the aisle to promote the interests of the American people.
Use the links below to jump directly to the questions that you're interested in or watch the full video of the chat.
Use the links below to jump directly to a question (questions are paraphrased).
- Does the President have plans to extend unemployment benefits?
- Thank you from David Axelrod
- Why is the President appealing the court’s decisions on “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell”?
- Does President Obama have plans to address the way Credit Reporting Agencies work?
- What is President Obama doing about the high price of education?
- On efforts to put together a climate and energy bill: what worked, what didn’t work and why?
- What is the White House doing to reverse Citizens United and further the goal of campaign reform?
- My job doesn’t provide health insurance. How will health reform help me?
- Why aren’t we closing loopholes that allow America's largest companies to get large tax breaks?
- How will the President move forward under this climate of "Civil War" between parties?
- Closing Remarks
Check out what you missed in previous Tuesday Talks:
Tuesday Talk with Austan Goolsbee
Tuesday Talk with Elizabeth Warren
Tuesday Talk with the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities