Welcome to the West Wing Week, your guide to everything that's happening at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. This week, the President visited a toy factory, hosted Kennedy Center Honorees, held the 2012 White House Tribal Nations Conference, welcomed the Prime Minister of Bulgaria, answered questions live on twitter, spoke on National Security achievements, visited a family who had written the White House, and lit the National Christmas Tree. That's November 30th to December 6th or "I Have to Pinch Myself."
Friday, November 30th:
- On Friday, the President visited Hatfield Pennsylvania, to tour The Rodon Group manufacturing facility, a third-generation family business that depends on middle class consumers during the holiday season. They produce toys like Tinkertoy, K’NEX and Angry Bird Building Sets. There the President stressed the need for congress to act now and extend the middle-class tax cuts to help businesses, like Rodon, who depend on families having some shopping money this holiday season.
- Back at the White House, Senior Advisor, Valerie Jarrett, and Senior Director of the National Security Council, Gayle Smith, held White House Office Hours on twitter answering questions on the administration's efforts in the global fight against HIV/AIDS.
Saturday, December 1st:
- A commemorative red ribbon was displayed on the north portico of the White House to commemorate World AIDS Day.
Sunday, December 2nd:
- The President and the First Lady hosted legendary entertainers at the White House for the Kennedy Center Honors Reception. The President recognized their extraordinary talents and emphasized the importance of the arts in our nation's culture.
- West Wing Week caught up with Led Zeppelin lead guitarist and Honoree Jimmy Page.
Monday, December 3rd:
- The President took questions via twitter, about the need to extend the Middle Class Tax cuts.
- The President met with the Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
- The President then went to the National Defense University to speak to the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Symposium.
Tuesday, December 4th:
- The president sat down with Bloomberg television in the map room to discuss tax cuts for the middle class.
- The President also dropped by The National Black Caucus of State Legislators in the Roosevelt Room.
Wednesday, December 5th:
- The President made a short trip down Pennsylvania Ave to The Business Roundtable where he addressed a room full of the CEO's from major business institutions on his plan for a balanced approach to meaningful tax reforms.
- Later, the President addressed the 2012 White House Tribal Nations Conference at the Department of Interior.
Thursday, December 6th:
- The President then visited the Santana family in Falls Church, VA. Tiffany Santana wrote the white house through the site WhiteHouse.Gov/my2k to share how a $2,000 tax hike on the middle class would effect her family. The President sat down with the Santana's to highlight just one of the millions of middle-class families who would have to make great sacrifices if congress cant work together to extend middle-class tax cuts by the end of the year.
- Later That evening, the President and First Family attended the National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony.