West Wing Week: 04/05/13 or “The Scientist-in-Chief”
This week, the President spoke on the importance of investing in infrastructure at Port Miami, and on reducing gun violence while at the Denver Police Academy. He hosted the Prime Minister of Singapore and Kid President, unveiled the BRAIN initiative, and rolled, read, and relaxed with some of the thousands of visitors to the 135th annual White House Easter Egg Roll.
Friday, March 29th
- The President traveled to the Port Miami tunnel project on Dodge Island, the result of three years of work by 500 employees and more than 6,000 sub-contractors and vendors.
Monday, April 1st
- Thousands gathered on the South Lawn of the White House to celebrate the Easter Egg Roll with the first family and many other special guests.
- The White House released an April Fools video featuring Kid President who was on hand to help celebrate the Easter Egg Roll.
Tuesday, April 2nd
- The President unveiled the "BRAIN" Initiative--short for Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies.
- The First Lady welcomed 80 high school and college students from across the country to take part in an interactive student workshop with the cast and crew of the film 42.
- The President hosted Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of Singapore to the White House, to discuss our strong economic and security ties and the ways that this strategic partnership can ensure the continued peace, stability and prosperity of the Asia-Pacific region.
Wednesday, April 3rd
- The President traveled to the Denver Police Academy where he joined a roundtable meeting and discussed initiatives to reduce gun violence.
Thursday, April 4th
- The First Lady joined school children from across the country to plant the White House Kitchen Garden for the fifth year in a row.