West Wing Week: 05/10/13 or “I Dare You to Do Better”
This week, the President made his fourth trip to Mexico, continued on to Costa Rica, spoke to the graduating class of 2013 at The Ohio State University, hosted the new President of South Korea, discussed hurricane preparedness, and kicked off a series of Middle Class Jobs & Opportunity Tour in the Lone Star State.
Friday, May 3rd
- The President was in the midst of a three-day trip to Mexico and Costa Rica. He began the second day touring the National Museum of Anthropology where he spoke to a gathering of mostly university students.
- Then, it was time to depart Mexico for Costa Rica, with his first stop being a visit to the American Embassy in San Jose.
- He then met up with President Chinchilla, and roughly 100 school children. The two leaders then held a joint press conference.
- Finally, the President met up Central American leaders for the SICA Summit dinner.
Saturday, May 4th
- The President began the day with an interview with Lori Montenegro of Telemundo.
- The President then headed to a meeting at INCAE.
Sunday, May 5th
- The President gave the commencement address at Ohio State University graduation.
Tuesday, May 7th
- The new leader of The Republic of Korea, President Park, arrived at the White House to meet with the President.
- The President met with his council on fitness, sports and nutrition.
Wednesday, May 8th
- The President traveled to the Department of Energy, where he sat down for a roundtable meeting with electric companies.
- Members of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community joined the President for a discussion of current challenges facing their community.
Thursday, May 9th