Office of Management and Budget
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) serves the President of the United States in overseeing the implementation of his vision across the Executive Branch. Specifically, OMB’s mission is to assist the President in meeting his policy, budget, management and regulatory objectives and to fulfill the agency’s statutory responsibilities.
OMB carries out its mission through five critical processes that are essential to the President’s ability to plan and implement his priorities across the Executive Branch:
- Budget development and execution.
- Management, including oversight of agency performance, human capital, Federal procurement, financial management, and information technology.
- Regulatory policy, including coordination and review of all significant Federal regulations by executive agencies.
- Legislative clearance and coordination.
- Executive Orders and Presidential Memoranda.