Our Top Stories
What You Missed: Tuesday Talk on the President’s Trip to Asia
03:14 PM EST
This week we sat down with Jeff Bader, Senior Director for Asian Affairs, and Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications, to talk about the President’s upcoming trip to India, Indonesia, South Korea and Japan. On WhiteHouse.gov and Facebook, you asked questions on a range of topics from outsourcing jobs to “hot button” issues surrounding China to the President’s plans for Diwali in India. Watch their responses by using the links below to jump directly to the questions that you're interested in or watch the full video of the chat. Check back for full coverage of the President’s trip on WhiteHouse.gov.
- Opening remarks
- How are going to help boost American exports to Asian countries?
- Where will you visit in Japan?
- Will the President’s trip to Indonesia afford any opportunities to see friends or relatives?
- Do you anticipate the President addressing North Korea’s arsenal during the trip?
- What does the Administration expect to achieve during the trip?
- Does this mean more outsourcing of US jobs for more profits?
- Is increasing military presence in the region the best way for the U.S. to renew leadership?
- Will the President delve into hot-button issues surrounding China during the trip?
- During the trip, will health issues be a focus?
- What are some of the long term goals for U.S. – India relations?
- Could there be a collaborative International effort on clean energy?
- Why did President Obama cancel his trip to the Sikh temple during his trip to Asia?
- What dates will the President be in India, and what will he be doing for Diwali?
- How is the U.S. Government planning to collaborate with the Indian Government on Agriculture?
- Will the President address Intellectual Property Rights issues during the trip?
- Why is President Obama spending one day in Indonesia as opposed to four days in India?
- What are the logistical challenges of planning an international trip such as the upcoming Asia trip?
Check out what you missed in previous Tuesday Talks:
Tuesday Talk with David Axelrod
Tuesday Talk with Austan Goolsbee
Tuesday Talk with Elizabeth Warren
Tuesday Talk with the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities