Today President Biden and Vice President Harris met with a group of Senators and House members who have been longtime leaders on immigration reform and integral partners in this work. They discussed their shared support for Dreamers and the actions this Administration is taking to protect them, their livelihood, and their ability to stay in the United States. Dreamers are as American as the rest of us, and they make our country a better place with their talents and contributions.
President Biden and Vice President Harris expressed their strong support for including immigration reform in upcoming reconciliation legislation to enable Dreamers, TPS recipients, farmworkers and essential workers to gain long-awaited pathways to citizenship. President Biden and Vice President Harris thanked the lawmakers for their tireless leadership on immigration reform and reiterated their dedication to establishing an immigration system that is orderly, fair, humane, and reflects American values.
Senators and House Members expressed their gratitude for the Administration’s enduring commitment and support for providing pathways to citizenship through reconciliation.
Lawmakers who participated in the meeting were:
- Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL)
- Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV)
- Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
- Senator Alex Padilla (D-CA)
- Senator Ben Ray Lujan (D-NM)
- Congressman Jerry Nadler (D-NY-10)
- Congressman Pete Aguilar (D-CA-31)
- Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (D-CA-19)
- Congresswoman Lucille Roybal Allard (D-CA-40)
- Congressman Raul Ruiz (D-CA-36)
- Congresswoman Linda Sanchez (D-CA-38)