Call the White House
Send a letter to the White House
Here are a few simple things you can do to make sure your correspondence gets to the White House as quickly as possible.
- If possible, email us! This is the fastest way to reach the White House.
- If you write a letter, please consider typing it on an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper.
- If you hand-write your letter, please write as neatly as possible with an ink pen.
- Include your return address on your letter as well as on your envelope. If you have an email address, please share it with us too.
- And finally, please be sure to write on the outside of your mailing envelope the complete address for the White House to make sure your letter gets to us as quickly and directly as possible:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20500
The President and the First Lady strongly encourage all Americans to consider making contributions to their favorite charities in lieu of gifts to the First Family. And, please note, the White House is unable to accept cash, checks, bonds, gift certificates, foreign currency, or other monetary equivalents.
For security reasons, please do not send perishable gifts — such as food, liquids, or flowers — to the White House. Additionally, the delivery of items sent to the White House is often significantly delayed, and enclosed items may be damaged during the security screening process. Because of this, items of personal importance, such as family photographs, should not be sent and cannot be returned.
We look forward to hearing from you!