Last week, the White House Office of Public Engagement convened over 90 Latino leaders from the Venezuelan community to discuss the Biden-Harris Administration’s ongoing efforts and investments within the Latino community.
During the first panel, participants discussed the Biden-Harris Administration’s effort to expand legal pathways, including the expansion and redesignation of Venezuela TPS as well as the Cuban, Nicaraguan, Haitian, and Venezuelan parole program, and shared their personal stories about these programs.
In the second panel, Biden-Harris Administration officials discussed how President Biden’s economic agenda Bidenomics is helping to create economic opportunities for Latinos and outlined initiatives available for equitable access of government programs including the Department of Health and Human Services’ Language Access Plan, the Small Business Digital Alliance, and the Hispanic Initiative for Educational Excellence.
Speakers also uplifted the Biden-Harris Administration’s efforts to expand healthcare coverage, including reproductive healthcare.
Biden-Harris Administration officials will continue working with the community to deliver on the President’s efforts to advance equity for the Latino community.
Administration Participants Included:
- Juan Gonzalez, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Western Hemisphere, White House National Security Council
- Brian A. Nichols, Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Brenda Abdelall, Assistant Secretary of Partnership and Engagement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Natasha Tickner, Director for the Andes, White House National Security Council
- Melanie Fontes Rainer, Director of the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Jessica Reeves, Director of Public Engagement, Small Business Administration
- Loredana Valtierra, Policy Advisor, Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development, U.S. Department of Education (OPEPD)
- Sol Ortega, Senior Advisor for Public Engagement, White House Office of Public Engagement
- Faith Rynda, Engagement Coordinator, White House Office of Public Engagement