Thank you for your interest in the White House Internship Program. To check the status of a previously submitted application, please click here.
Summer 2018 Internship Timeline
- Application Posted – Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Application Deadline – Friday, January 12, 2018
- Notifications Begin – Week of March 30, 2018
- Internship Start Date – Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- Internship End Date – Friday, August 10, 2018
Fall 2018 Internship Timeline
- Application Posted – Monday, March 19, 2018
- Application Deadline – Friday, May 4, 2018
- Notifications Begin – Week of July 9, 2018
- Internship Start Date – Wednesday, September 5, 2018
- Internship End Date – Friday, December 7, 2018
Spring 2019 Internship Timeline
- Application Posted – Monday, July 9, 2018
- Application Deadline – Friday, August 24, 2018
- Notifications Begin – Week of October 22, 2018
- Internship Start Date – Wednesday, January 9, 2019
- Internship End Date – Friday, April 12, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a White House Internship a paid position?
White House Internships are unpaid positions. Applicants are encouraged to contact educational institutions and other non-profit organizations to apply for assistance as needed. Any outside income, funding, or housing assistance received as a White House intern must receive pre-approval.
What are the hours of the White House Internship?
Applicants should expect to work at least Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Some exceptions will be made for applicants with class or program requirements, but interns must work 4.5 days a week in order to be considered full-time interns. For example, an intern may leave at 1:00 p.m. or later one day per week, if appropriate. If you require a schedule accommodation of this kind, please mention this if you receive an interview.
Is specific White House intern housing available?
No. Applicants must arrange for their own housing.
Is political preference a deciding factor in the application review process?
No. It is essential, however, that applicants are dedicated to the ideals and mission of the White House.
Can I mail a hard copy of my application?
No. We cannot accept hard copies of applications. Only applications submitted via our application portal will be reviewed.
Will I be penalized if my recommendation is sent in late?
Yes. All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted on or before the corresponding application deadline. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to submit your application package as soon as it is completed.