The Office of Pandemic Preparedness and Response Policy:
Coordinates the Administration’s domestic response to public health threats that have pandemic potential, or may cause significant disruption, and strengthens domestic pandemic preparedness. This includes ongoing work to address potential public health outbreaks and threats from COVID-19, mpox, polio, avian and human influenza, and RSV.
Drives and coordinates federal science and technology efforts related to pandemic preparedness. Specifically, OPPR will oversee efforts to develop, manufacture, and procure the next generation of medical countermeasures, including leveraging emerging technologies and working with HHS on next generation vaccines and treatments for COVID-19 and other public health threats. During the height of the pandemic, the Biden-Harris Administration made historic investments in COVID-19 vaccines, tests, and treatments that were made widely available. OPPR will continue to leverage these investments as it drives future progress in combating COVID-19 and other public health threats.
The Summer 2024 term begins on June 10, 2024 and ends on August 16, 2024. Interns will receive a stipend of $7,500 for participation in the program. Internships will be hosted in person on the White House campus, located in Washington, D.C. Please note that living accommodations and relocation support will not be provided. All internships are full-time and participants must be able to commit 35-40 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Applicants who receive an offer will be required to complete the Standard Form (SF) 86 to determine whether they meet security eligibility requirements. Information requested on the SF86 that could affect eligibility includes, but is not limited to, an applicant’s connections to foreign governments, criminal history, financial debts and tax compliance, and prior drug use (including marijuana, regardless of whether the marijuana use was permitted under state law).
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Males must be registered with Selective Service
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college, community college, or university
- Must obtain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
* If you are not a U.S. Citizen you should not apply for this internship*
Key Dates for Upcoming Sessions
- Program Start Date: September 11, 2023
- Program End Date: December 15, 2023
- Application Open Date: March 17, 2023
- Application Close Date: April 14, at 11:59 PM ET
- Program Start Date: January 22, 2024
- Program End Date: May 10, 2024
- Application Open Date: July 24, 2023
- Application Close Date: August 24, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET
- Program Start Date: June 10, 2024
- Program End Date: August 16, 2024
- Application Open Date: October 16, 2023
- Application Close Date: November 19, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET
Check back later for additional details on future programs!