ONCD was established by the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021. ONCD is working to ensure every American can share in the full benefits of our digital ecosystem, including the economic prosperity and democratic participation it enables, while aggressively addressing and mitigating the risks and threats at large in cyberspace. By cultivating unity of purpose and efforts across agencies and sectors, ONCD will contribute to the development and implementation of stronger national strategy, policy, and resilience for our digital ecosystem. The National Cyber Director serves as a principal advisor to the President on cybersecurity policy and strategy, and scientific and technological analysis and judgment for the President with respect to major policies, plans, and programs of the Federal government.
The Summer 2023 term begins on June 5, 2023 and ends on August 11, 2023. Interns will receive a stipend of $7,500 for participation in the program. Internships will be hosted in person on the White House campus, located in Washington, D.C. Please note that living accommodations and relocation support will not be provided. All internships are full-time and participants must be able to commit 35-40 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Applicants who receive an offer will be required to complete the Standard Form (SF) 86 to determine whether they meet security eligibility requirements. Information requested on the SF86 that could affect eligibility includes, but is not limited to, an applicant’s connections to foreign governments, criminal history, financial debts and tax compliance, and prior drug use (including marijuana, regardless of whether the marijuana use was permitted under state law).
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Males must be registered with Selective Service
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college, community college, or university
- Must obtain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
* If you are not a U.S. Citizen you should not apply for this internship*
Key Dates for Upcoming Sessions
- Program Start Date: June 5, 2023
- Program End Date: August 11, 2023
- Application Open Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Application Close Date: Friday, February, 10, at 11:59 PM ET
Fall 2023 Dates forthcoming
Spring 2023 Dates forthcoming
Check back later for additional details on future programs!