ONCD was established by the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021. ONCD is working to ensure every American can share in the full benefits of our digital ecosystem, including the economic prosperity and democratic participation it enables, while aggressively addressing and mitigating the risks and threats at large in cyberspace. By cultivating unity of purpose and efforts across agencies and sectors, ONCD will contribute to the development and implementation of stronger national strategy, policy, and resilience for our digital ecosystem. The National Cyber Director serves as a principal advisor to the President on cybersecurity policy and strategy, and scientific and technological analysis and judgment for the President with respect to major policies, plans, and programs of the Federal government.
The Summer 2024 term begins on June 10, 2024 and ends on August 16, 2024. Interns will receive a stipend of $7,500 for participation in the program. Internships will be hosted in person on the White House campus, located in Washington, D.C. Please note that living accommodations and relocation support will not be provided. All internships are full-time and participants must be able to commit 35-40 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Applicants who receive an offer will be required to complete the Standard Form (SF) 86 to determine whether they meet security eligibility requirements. Information requested on the SF86 that could affect eligibility includes, but is not limited to, an applicant’s connections to foreign governments, criminal history, financial debts and tax compliance, and prior drug use (including marijuana, regardless of whether the marijuana use was permitted under state law).
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Males must be registered with Selective Service
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college, community college, or university
- Must obtain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
* If you are not a U.S. Citizen you should not apply for this internship*
Key Dates for Upcoming Sessions
- Program Start Date: September 11, 2023
- Program End Date: December 15, 2023
- Application Open Date: March 17, 2023
- Application Close Date: April 14, at 11:59 PM ET
- Program Start Date: January 22, 2024
- Program End Date: May 10, 2024
- Application Open Date: July 24, 2023
- Application Close Date: August 24, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET
- Program Start Date: June 10, 2024
- Program End Date: August 16, 2024
- Application Open Date: October 16, 2023
- Application Close Date: November 19, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET
Check back later for additional details on future programs!