Download a free pumpkin carving pattern here, and tag us on Instagram at @whitehouse if you give one of these a try!
Pumpkin Carving Tips & Tricks:
- Print the template. We recommend using a large pumpkin but depending on the size of your pumpkin, you can scale this template up or down in your print settings.
- Wipe your pumpkin down with a soft damp cloth.
Tip: To keep pumpkins from rotting so fast, fill a large tub with 10 parts water and 1 part vinegar. Let the pumpkins soak for 20-30 minutes in the bath, then pull them out and let them air dry.
- Cut out a lid at the top of your pumpkin. Remove any pumpkin seeds and strings from the lid. Place the pumpkin lid next to the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Tape your template to the pumpkin. It may be helpful to cut down excess white space around the edges of the template before taping.
- Using a sharp poking tool, such as a push pin, poke an outline of your design through the paper onto the pumpkin.
- Once you have poked out your entire design, remove the paper to reveal the dotted carving guide.
- You’re all set to begin carving!