The Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) is currently recruiting interns for the upcoming Summer 2024 internship program. Interns will have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects with real world implications. Interns support the research and analysis-based mission of the CEA by assisting the staff in researching a wide range of macroeconomic, microeconomic, and international issues and conducting statistical analysis and data collection, among other responsibilities. Interns also earn valuable experience applying their quantitative and qualitative research skills on a daily basis and learn new ways to approach questions from CEA economists. Administrative duties to support the work of the Council are also involved.
The Summer 2024 internship program begins on June 10, 2024 and ends on August 16, 2024. Interns will receive a stipend of $750 per week for full-time participation (minimum of 35 hours per week) or $375 per week for part-time participation (15 – 34 hours per week). Internships will be hosted in person on the White House campus, located in Washington, D.C. Please note that living accommodations and relocation support will not be provided. However, we can provide a transportation subsidy to assist with local commuting costs to and from the DC work location.
Applicants who receive an offer will be required to complete the Standard Form (SF) 86 to determine whether they meet security eligibility requirements. Information requested on the SF86 that could affect eligibility includes, but is not limited to, an applicant’s connections to foreign governments, criminal history, financial debts and tax compliance, and prior drug use (including marijuana, regardless of whether the marijuana use was permitted under state law).
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older before the first day of the program
- Males must be registered with Selective Service
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university
- Must return to school after completion of the internship
- Must obtain and maintain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Have demonstrated interest in economics, statistics, mathematics, public policy, or finance with a strong academic record and passion for public service
- Have excellent writing and analytical skills
- Have experience using Microsoft Office and conducting research and analysis
- Preferred candidates will have experience with Stata (or a similar statistical software)
Key Dates for Upcoming Sessions
The Council of Economic Advisers offers three internship programs each year: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- Program Start Date: June 10, 2024
- Program End Date: August 16, 2024
- Application Open Date: December 14, 2023
- Application Close Date: February 9, 2024
FALL 2024 (DATES FORTHCOMING)
If you are interested in applying, please email PDFs of your resume, a transcript, and a cover letter to:
The Council of Economic Advisers