Navigate this Section
THE OFFICE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY POLICY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The mission of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) is to maximize the benefits of science and technology to advance health, prosperity, security, environmental quality, and justice for all Americans.
Congress established OSTP in 1976. OSTP advises the President and others within the Executive Office of the President on the scientific, engineering, and technological aspects of the economy, national security, health, and the environment.
OSTP leads efforts across the Federal government to develop and implement sound science and technology policies and budgets, and works with the private and philanthropic sectors, state, local, Tribal, and territorial governments, the research and academic communities, and other nations toward this end.
OSTP also assists the Office of Management and Budget with an annual review and analysis of Federal research and development in budgets, and serves as a source of scientific and technological analysis and judgment for the President with respect to major policies, plans, and programs of the Federal government.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Males must be registered with Selective Service
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate or graduate college, or university
- Note, legal internships are open only to law and LLM students.
- Must obtain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
Apply here for an internship with OSTP.