Navigate this Section
EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We are pleased to announce that, for the first time in history, the Executive Office of the President (EOP) is launching a paid internship program. The EOP Internship Program will provide a stipend to participants.
The EOP is comprised of fourteen Components, including: The White House Office (WHO), the Office of the Vice President (OVP), the Council of Economic Advisers (CEA), the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), the Office of Administration (OA), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Office of the National Cyber Director (NCD), the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR), and more.
THE OFFICE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY POLICY
The mission of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) is to maximize the benefits of science and technology to advance health, prosperity, security, environmental quality, and justice for all Americans.
Congress established OSTP in 1976. OSTP advises the President and others within the Executive Office of the President on the scientific, engineering, and technological aspects of the economy, national security, health, and the environment.
OSTP leads efforts across the Federal government to develop and implement sound science and technology policies and budgets, and works with the private and philanthropic sectors, state, local, Tribal, and territorial governments, the research and academic communities, and other nations toward this end.
OSTP also assists the Office of Management and Budget with an annual review and analysis of Federal research and development in budgets, and serves as a source of scientific and technological analysis and judgment for the President with respect to major policies, plans, and programs of the Federal government.
The Summer 2022 term begins on June 20, 2022 and ends on August 12, 2022. Interns will receive a stipend of $6,000 for participation in the summer program. All summer internships are located in Washington, D.C. and are full-time; participants must be able to commit to a minimum of 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
The Fall 2022 term begins on September 12, 2022 and ends on December 16, 2022. All fall internships are located in Washington, D.C. We will offer both part-time and full-time internships. Part-time participants must be able to commit 15-34 hours per week (Monday – Friday). Full-time participants must be able to commit to a minimum of 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Males must be registered with Selective Service
- Must meet at least one of the three following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate or graduate college, or university;
- Graduated from an accredited undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college, or university (two‐ to four‐year institution) no more than two years prior to the first day of the EOP Internship Program
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty, for any length of time, no more than two years prior to the first day of the EOP Internship Program
- Must obtain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
The application period for the Summer 2022 term is now closed.
The application period for the Fall 2022 term is open from June 13, 2022 to June 24, 2022.
For more information, please contact: MBX.OSTP.Internships@ostp.eop.gov.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send the documents listed below in PDF form in an email to MBX.OSTP.Internships@ostp.eop.gov, titled “Last Name, First Name EOP Summer Internship Application”
- Cover letter of why you would like to be an OSTP intern (one page max)
- A short essay on your favorite scientific and technological contribution to society (300 words max)
- Academic Transcript
- Additional writing samples may be requested later in the process