Navigate this Section
Catherine Woteki, PhD, is an agriculture and food scientist and nutritionist who served in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) as Chief Scientist and Under Secretary for Research, Education, and Economics during the Obama-Biden administration, where she oversaw USDA’S Agricultural Research Service, Economic Research Service, the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, and the National Agricultural Statistics Service.
- Leader in agriculture, food, nutrition, and health policy.
- Served as first USDA Under Secretary for Food Safety (1997-2001).
- Former Deputy Associate Director for Science at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Former Dean of the College of Agriculture at Iowa State University (2002-2005).
- Served as Global Director of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs at Mars, Inc. (2005-2010).
- Member of U.S. National Academy of Medicine and American Association for the Advancement of Science.