Navigate this Section
John O. Dabiri, PhD, is an aeronautical engineer who designs next-generation wind turbines with the potential to reduce cost, size, and environmental impacts while maximizing the amount of electricity generated.
- Discoveries on the ideal placement of wind turbines were shaped by his cross-disciplinary research into how jellyfish and schools of fish move throughout the ocean efficiently.
- Awarded the MacArthur “Genius” Fellowship, the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, and the Alan T. Waterman Award from the National Science Foundation.
- Member of the NVIDIA Board of Directors and Trustee of the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.
- Serves on the National Academies Committee on Science, Technology, and Law.
- Chair of the American Physical Society Division of Fluid Dynamics.