Navigate this Section
Dennis Assanis, Ph.D., is an academic leader, engineer, innovation advocate, and expert in clean energy and power systems. His scientific contributions have led to significant fuel economy improvements and emission reductions in transportation.
- President of the University of Delaware.
- Founding Board Member of Delaware Innovation Space, Inc., and Board Member of Delaware Health Sciences Alliance and Delaware Technology Park.
- Former Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Stony Brook University and Vice President for Brookhaven National Laboratory Affairs.
- Former director of University of Michigan Energy Institute and Founding Co-Director of U.S.–China Clean Energy Research Center.
- Commissioner, National Commission on Innovation and Competitiveness Frontiers.
- Member of the U.S. National Academy of Engineering.