Navigate this Section
William Press, PhD, is a computer scientist, computational biologist, and astrophysicist who co-discovered the mathematical model for predicting the distribution of masses of galaxies throughout the universe.
- Researcher and manager across a broad range of physical and life sciences in universities and national laboratories, with experience in national security issues.
- Vice-Chair of PCAST during the Obama-Biden administration.
- Former Deputy Director for Science and Technology at Los Alamos National Laboratory (1998-2004).
- Joint appointment as Professor of astronomy and physics at Harvard University (1976-1998).
- Member of U.S. National Academy of Sciences and the current elected Treasurer.
- Member of Governing Board of the U.S. National Research Council.
- Past President of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.